Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cold snap

When I woke up this morning, it was -22C, -29C with the windchill.  

People think I'm nuts because I love this weather. I'm outside all the time in it. I walk to and from work in it. I walk the dog in it. I even run in it. 

"Why on earth would you want to go out in that cold?!?" they say.

This is my answer:



These photos were snapped this morning at sunrise, while Fergus and I were wandering around the Arboretum at 7:00 am. There was no one else around. We had the place entirely to ourselves. All we could hear was the hard snow crunching under our feet (well, my feet and his paws...). Neither of us were bothered by the cold. I was bundled up in layers of merino wool and my Canada Goose parka, and Fergus has puffed out nicely in his winter coat (which means less dog hair all over my floor!)

It was fantastic.

I wish every morning could be this spectacular. 

Get out there and enjoy winter, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment