Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And the award goes to....

... ME!!!!!!

I feel so ill prepared! I don't even have a speech ready or anything!!!!

Thank you to Janice for nominating me for this little award. I never win anything! And I was always the last person picked for anything at school. This feels like REDEMPTION!

If you are like me, you have no idea what a Liebster Blog Award is. I had to Google it... 

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is for little blogs with less than 200 followers(and I definitely qualify since I have only 5 registered followers, and four of them are my Mom). According to the almighty search engine, when you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person that nominated you! After that, you nominate another 11 blogs, and ask them 11 questions!

But here's the thing. The person who nominated me was nominated by someone who reduced the number of facts and questions to 5. Which is far more manageable. And so, without further ado... Here are 5 random facts about me:

1. My favourite colour is pink. When I don't wear pink, people wonder what is wrong with me.

2. I just bought tickets to go see Fleetwood Mac on April 23rd. Yes, I actually do like artists other than Bruce Springsteen!

3. I was once asked to audition for a summer gig as a lounge singer on a cruise ship. When I went to the audition, it turns out that there was no audition. The guy was too shy to ask me out the normal way so decided to be a little creepy about it by luring me to one of the music rooms on campus....

4. I used to be an interpretive tour guide at the Canadian War Museum. I dressed up as a colonial camp follower (think Laura Secord), a WWI nursing sister, a WWII factory worker, and a member of the WWII Canadian Women's Army Corps.

5. I am no longer sure of the exact natural colour of my hair. For the past six years at least, I have faithfully dyed it every 6 weeks. For all I know, I have a head full of grey...

And here are the 5 questions that I was asked:

1. What is your mantra or motivational quote?  I don't really have one. Unless you count "Get 'er done!" I'm by nature a pretty motivated person, so I guess I've never needed one...

2. What is the next big goal on your list? I have a lot of "next goals" on my list. Like "get this project at work done" and "finish your Christmas shopping" (all of which I am failing at, I might add). I guess my next BIG goal would be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.

3. What is your favourite place in the world and why?  The Arboretum comes to mind. Sure, it's not the most exciting or beautiful place in the world, but it is where, on a day-to-day basis, I feel the happiest. Because it gives me an opportunity to enjoy nature and to re-connect with the two boys who hang out with me there, and who, incidentally, mean more to me than anyone else in the world: Mr. Hubby and Mr. Fergus.

4. What's the best way to spend a recovery day?  Well, since the furthest distance I ever run is 10k (I miscalculated once and accidentally ran 12k), I don't really need a recovery day. But the best way to spend any day is at the spa. Why should that be any different for a recovery day?

5. If you could travel and run a race anywhere, where would it be?  I don't run races. Even if they are in spectacularly beautiful surroundings. I keep my travelling for wine drinking and eating, mostly...

And of course, 5 questions to ask the 5 small-time bloggers that I wish to nominate, if they feel like playing along...

1. Do you like dogs?

2. What is your earliest pet-related memory?

3. What do you like most about blogging?

4. Are you ready for Christmas?

5. What is the best meal that you have ever, ever had?

And finally, my nominees:

1. It's Always an Adventure - A wayward Canuck who finds herself in NYC raising a family and adapting to the fast pace.

2. It's So Involved Being Me - One of the most humourous reads of my day - when she decides to actually blog about her various adventures... (It's been awhile, janey-emm... I'm just sayin').

3. La vie française - Another wayward Canuck, this time who finds herself in the most fabulous of all places, France. A friend of mine got me hooked on this blog, and, well, it makes me giggle.

4. Revel in it - A talented writer, a talented photographer, and a lover of dogs. Is there anything else to say about this blog?

5. Ottawa Dog Blog - I might be cheating a little, because I get the feeling that this one is has more than 200 followers. But it is a great place to get information about local dog events, or to just see adorable dog photos. Which always brighten my day. So rules be damned! I'm nominating these guys!

Now... back to our regularly scheduled programming...

1 comment:

  1. Got here from Jan. Still working on doing my questions. Maybe on Christmas, when our house is peaceful and quiet. Free from distractions.

    ReplyDelete